The ShoeBox Scan service is for Loose Photos Only. Photos you may have in cardboard mounts, frames or albums would need to be removed and supplied loose. Or we may be able to scan these for you under another of our scanning service offerings.
For our ShoeBox Scan service, we utilise a high end feed-type photo scanner, the Kodak PS80.
Not all loose photos are suitable to safely feed into a scanner. To qualify for the ShoeBox Scan rate, your photos must be:
• between wallet sized (at least 3 inches/75mm on one side) and A4
• in good, clean, flat & flexible condition.
• not curled up, cracking, torn, or crumbling
• not dirty or sticky,
• free of sticky tape, staples, paperclips, blu-tac, post-it notes etc.
Other “unsuitable” photo types include:
• newspaper print
• odd shaped cut-out photos
• some laminated photos
• some ink-jet printed photos
• some very high-gloss crinkle finish photos
• some cheap Fuji print papers
If you have any photos that you suspect are unsuitable, you can still include them. We’d love it if you could group these separately and label them “unsuitable”, and we’ll flat-bed scan them for you.
Even if you don't know what might be in your box there's still no need to worry. At the time of ordering you can simply instruct us with your choice to have us to either flat-bed scan, or leave unscanned, any unsuitables we might come across.