What We've Found Works Best
Cut-Off Times* for incoming orders:
All jobs requiring shipping must be received no later than 9 am Monday, 11th December 2023, for completion*/invoicing by Dec 18th & Express Postage dispatching no later than Wednesday, 20th December 2023. Australia Post states that the last mailing day is Dec 20th for WA & NT, and Dec 21st for the rest of Australia. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for Australia Post's services.
Pick-up Orders can be placed until Friday, 15th December 2023, for completion*/invoicing by Dec 20th, for collection Dec 20, 21 & 22.
*Any undertaking to try to fully complete a project before Christmas is subject to realistic timeframes considering the size & scope of the project. We will advise if your project cannot fully be processed within the desired timeframe, and discuss options for partial pre-Christmas delivery if that helps.
Store Christmas Closure Notice:
RetroMedia will close 5pm Friday, 22nd December 2023, re-opening 9am Monday, 15th January 2024
PLEASE NOTE: During the holiday month of January, our store will operate with reduced staff, as we conduct annual general maintenance. As a result, service timeframes may be longer than anticipated.
Left Your Run A Little Late?
For Christmas this year we are offering beautifully gift-wrapped Gift Certificates! Any service, any value from $100. For that special somebody in your life! And so easy for you to take advantage of!
Ask us how!
We understand that it isn't always easy - or even possible - to drop in to our centrally located store. So for 2023 RetroMedia is offering Free Shipping to clients outside of the greater Brisbane area! Here's how you can qualify for this great offer!
• Free Trackable Shipping (Return Journey) for purchases over $150!
How it works: If your purchase is over $150, and if you're located outside the greater Brisbane area, we'll pick up the tab for outbound (return journey) trackable postage, Australia-wide. Please quote promo code "FREESHIP23" at the time of ordering to avail of this offer.
We recommend that you use Australia Post Pre-Paid Satchels (or Express Satchels if you prefer) as these are a flat price Australia-wide. If you want to use a box, it will usually be cheaper to place the box inside a pre-paid satchel, especially if you are interstate.
For the purposes of this offer, we define Greater Brisbane area as including Brisbane City & Suburbs, Moreton Bay Regional Council area, Redlands Shire, Logan City & suburbs and Ipswich City & suburbs.
Here's a few packaging tips we've found to be helpful…
• Sort into bundles of like-sizes and then bubble-wrap into tight packages
• Place these in a cardboard box with padding, even if you are ultimately sending to us in a satchel
• Include your name, contact details, and what you were wanting done. If we have any questions we'll contact you.
This is what we've found to be best practice…
• Wherever possible, use Australia Post pre-paid satchels, especially if you're a distance away. These are flat rate Australia-wide.
• We recommend Express Post pre-paid satchels so you know it will get here fast. We all know the post is getting slower & slower, and many people would rather pay a few dollars more & know it's arrived sooner, rather than be waiting & wondering. We will use Australia Post's regular Pre-Paid Satchels for the trip back to you in most cases.
• If you have placed the media in a box you'll sometimes find it's cheaper to place that box inside a pre-paid satchel than to simply post the box. This is especially true for Express Post over long distances.
• We consider it well worth the few extra dollars to choose the "signature on delivery" option on parcels you send us, just to set you mind at ease. Once we have digitised your media we have backup copies, but for your media's initial trip in to us you have no backups, so ask for the signature option. With the combination of a tracking number & signature-on-delivery you can have complete confidence that your media will get here safely.
• For vinyl records, cut up a cardboard box & sandwich the records between cardboard '"stiffeners". Alternately you can ask us to mail you out a mailer box specially designed for vinyl records.