1) The very nature of our business means that we have to rely on some old & obsolete equipment, and sometimes that can slow us up. Also, while we give estimates based on our experience, we cannot predict accurately what problems we might find with your job, or with the jobs ahead of you in the queue. A job full of 10 hr tapes, while not common, can throw estimates out, because all tapes need to be played through in real time, not "high-speed" which doesn't exist for digitizing video.
So it needs to be understood that any timeframe estimates given on regular queued projects are approximations only. We won't be held to any target as if it was a due date. Your project will go in a queue of work and be processed in turn, which is only fair to others who submitted their jobs earlier. More than happy to deliver a portion of your job by a date you set, with the balance to follow.
2) The larger the job the less accurate any turnaround estimate might be. More scope for things to go wrong, and for misjudgement of (guess-timated) running times to be amplified.
3) We can sometimes beat our timeframe estimates if you tell us ahead of time if you have an event/deadline. We will always do our best to meet such deadlines if we commit to them, but once again the nature of our business means that we have to rely on some old & obsolete equipment, and sometimes that can defeat us. No guarantee is given that we will meet your deadline, only that we will exert our very best efforts on your behalf. Once again, more than happy to deliver a portion of your job by a date you set, with the balance to follow.
Or you might choose to jump the queue, and authorise our team to do some overtime to help meet your deadline. We call this Rush Processing. Extra charges apply. Learn more here.
4) Time of year & workload at the time you book in can also affect these estimates, as well as our ability to commit to any deadlines (for example pre-Christmas). Sometimes the best we can do is to complete a portion of your job for you before your deadline. So it can help if you go through your media and prioritise the most important items, which we can process first. Please mention at time of booking if turnaround is important to you.
5) Please don't arrange an event around a target date we've given you, especially if we don't know anything about it. We can't be held responsible for not delivering in time for events that we're unaware of.